A Successful Raising the Roof Campaign
This year, we had a successful Raising the Roof Campaign. In total, we raised $216.11 in donations and we sold 386 toques and socks with 80% of proceeds going towards ending homelessness. We would like to thank the following individuals and organizations.
- Husky Convenient Stores who sold toques in their stores around Winnipeg on behalf of MYS.
- Marisa Costa from our Specialized Individual Placement Program who sold 83 toques and had 72 of those toques donated to youth at MYS.
- To our partnering agency Intact Insurance, who has supported us the last number of years and to Tammy Zokvic, Amber Rommelaere, David Rainville and Corinne Wyatt who volunteered to sell toques at Safeway’s around Winnipeg on February 28, 2015.
- To MYS employees: Tracy Wark, Linda Craig, Philipa Caplan, Darrel Fedoruk, Jeannine Smith, Shari Loewen and Ginette Poirier who also brought awareness to the services of MYS and sold toques at Safeway locations on February 28,2015.
- Also, a huge thank you to everyone who supported us during the campaign by purchasing toques and socks. We could not have done this without your support!
It was a wonderful campaign and a great way to bring awareness and to help end homelessness. We look forward to making next year’s campaign bigger and better.