Careers with MYS
Youth Care Practitioners, Youth Resource Centre - Casual
Application deadline: 01-01-3000
Macdonald Youth Services requires Youth Care Workers (YCWs) who are responsible to provide shelter, crisis intervention, client case decisions and planning as well as basic needs service provision to at-risk youth, in an emergency shelter setting, from a Strength-based clinical philosophy. YCWs are also responsible to work with other teams in the best interest of client’s and the overall mission and purpose of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: of the YCW include, but are not limited to:
- Assess client cases and problem solve
- Make good client case decisions based on the program’s purpose statement
- Perform shelter intakes, assessments and registration duties
- Provide counselling and crisis intervention
- Perform various administrative duties related to client care
- Supervise and provide service/basic needs care to clients
- Perform general facility tasks, chores and routines
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
- Work in collaboration with other teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Certificate or Degree in applicable Human Services field and 2 years’ experience working with at-risk youth (a combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), or NVCI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Skills Training) or willingness to obtain
- Willingness to obtain necessary training as per agency training policy – i.e. Colonization Awareness and Child Development
- Current (within 3 months) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, and Child/Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Crisis counseling training/experience
- Knowledge of indigenous cultures and languages
- Knowledge of Strength-based theory and practical application
- Experience in a leadership role
SALARY RANGE: $15 per hour.
HOURS OF WORK: In a casual position there is no guarantee of hours – shifts available include a variety of days, evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 910.00.00
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) to:
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.