Careers with MYS
Executive Assistant, Healing Homes – Perm/Full-Time
Application deadline: 19-01-2021
SUMMARY: To provide executive level administrative support to the Director of Youth Care Services and the Manager of Healing Homes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Executive Assistant include, but are not limited to:
• Provides executive level support to the Director of Youth Care Services and Manager of Healing Homes handling confidential correspondence and maintaining their schedule;
• Ensures materials are prepared in a timely manner prior to meetings
• Schedules and co-ordinates all aspects of Healing Homes meetings; attends and transcribes minutes of Healing Homes meetings; organizes meeting materials and ensures agenda/meeting packages are distributed to attendees prior to and/or at the meeting; follows up on outstanding issues, as assigned, and ensures that decisions and supporting materials are accessible;
• Ensures meeting rooms are reserved and materials are prepared in a timely manner prior to Director and Manager's meetings;
• Ensures Healing Homes, legal and licensing paperwork is completed, reported and registered in compliance with organization requirements;
• Prepares and formats reports for Director and Manager or other members of the Healing Homes team, as required;
• Pulls information from files and attaches to requests for review by Director and Manager;
• Organizes and completes Director and Manager's expense statements;
• Works in conjunction with Director and Manager to develop Healing Homes budgets and expense budgets;
• Conducts general administrative support duties on behalf of the Director.
Office Administration Support
• Maintains Healing Homes files including securing, archiving, destroying, and retention of files;
• Adheres to established MYS standards for documentation, correspondence, e-mail and filing;
• Creates and maintains a position or desk reference manual and updates electronic copy at least annually or after significant updates;
• Participates in compliance training for the position as defined in MYS policy;
• Successful completion of a recognized office administration program and a high school diploma, preferred Diploma in Business Administration or a related administrative services field, Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
• Minimum of 5 years administrative experience supporting senior level staff;
• Demonstrated superior communication skills both written and verbal;
• Demonstrated ability to take and transcribe minutes at the Board and Executive level;
• Availability to occasionally work outside normal business hours;
• Demonstrated computer proficiency at an advanced level;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities with special attention to details;
• Ability to cope with stress and maintain a positive attitude.
• Clear criminal record and child abuse registry check;
• Experience working with a not-for-profit organization;
• Basic knowledge of legal, financial and governance requirements of a non-profit corporation;
• Background in accounting or experience working in a financial setting;
• Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle;
• Knowledge of Indigenous language and culture will be considered an asset.
• Indigenous candidates encouraged to apply
SALARY RANGE: Depending on qualifications, per annum. MYS offers a comprehensive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) quoting the competition number by January 19, 2021 to email@example.com.
MYS is committed to providing a safe environment for children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process. MYS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce including Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities, please visit our website www.mys.ca/careers.