Careers with MYS
Full-Time Term Team Lead
Application deadline: 26-05-2020
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3412 (Repost)
This position is an indefinite term with no anticipated end date the successful candidate will be given advance notice equal to one pay period should/when this position is terminated.
SUMMARY: Macdonald Youth Services requires an experienced Team Leader for a term position within the healing homes service area. The Team Leader is responsible to assist the Program Manager in both the daily operation and development of the home. The Team Lead also ensures all responsibilities towards the youth are carried out within a youth-centred, relationship-based strengths framework that promotes the cultivation and mobilization of youth strengths, potential and capacity for growth.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Team Leader include, but are not limited to:
• Fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of the program’s Youth Care Worker while providing 24-hour supervision of clients
• Provides 24-hour supervision of clients
• Acts as a healthy role model and ensures that the needs of the youth are primary focus
• Maintains awareness of the needs of the youth and structures a therapeutic living unit
• Provides the opportunity for the youth to observe and participate in a variety of community activities, with the YCW engaged in the activity as well
• Provides vacation and other time off coverage for the Program Manager while fulfilling all responsibilities of the Program Manager
• Provides on-call coverage as required
• Completes administrative duties, as assigned by the Program Manager (ie. Performing financial and purchasing responsibilities)
• Assisting with interviewing and hiring of Youth Care Workers
• Scheduling, coordinating and orienting/training Relief / Casual Youth Care Workers
• Coordinating the distribution of information
• Scheduling meetings and home maintenance
• Participates in on-going professional development to increase knowledge in the field and increase skill level to continue meeting developing employment needs
• Supports the program to reflect the MYS and SIP treatment philosophy, agency and Human resource policies and program protocols
• Represents the program and the agency in a professional manner
• Certificate or diploma in Child & Youth Care (or equivalent certificate or diploma)
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the youth care field and supervisory experience/training
• Degree in an applicable Human Services field (BSW preferred) and 2 or more years’ experience in the youth care field preferred
• Supervisory experience (including financial management) preferred
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (subject to approval)
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months
• ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), and NVCI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) preferred
• Knowledge of Indigenous customs, traditions, and beliefs will be considered an asset
SALARY RANGE: Depending on qualifications per annum.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week. Various shifts; days, evenings, weekends and holidays
CLOSING DATE: 12pm/noon – May 26, 2020
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.