Careers with MYS
Full-Time Term Senior Youth Care Practitioner - Kisewatisiwin
Application deadline: 04-10-2019
This is a term position for one year with a possibility of permanence
SUMMARY: Macdonald Youth Services requires an experienced Senior Youth Care Practitioner (SYCP) within the Kisewatisiwn (KISE) service area in Thompson, MB. The SYCP assists the Program Manager with daily operations; development and leadership of the program, including sharing on call responsibilities and providing coverage. The SYCP works with the youth care team in providing care and specialized treatment for the youth in KISE programs in accordance with agency policies and the treatment philosophy of MYS and KISE.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the SYCP include, but are not limited to:
• Follows the duties of the youth care practitioner as outlined in the position description
• Provides on-call coverage as required
• Represents the Program Manager at meetings or in the community as required
• Interviewing and hiring of youth care workers
• Scheduling, coordinating and training hourly youth care workers
• Conducts orientation and onboarding of new employees
• Coordinating the distribution of information
• Scheduling meetings
• Participates in on-going professional development to increase knowledge and skill level
• Supports the program to reflect the MYS and KISE treatment philosophy, agency policies and procedures and program protocols
• Represents the service, the program and the agency in a professional manner
• Other duties as assigned
• Child and Youth Care Worker diploma/certificate or equivalent, and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the youth care field (a combination of education/experience may be considered)
• Supervisory experience and/or training (including financial management)
• Two years’ experience working with at risk youth
• Knowledge of trauma and resilience informed care
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (subject to approval)
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months
• Degree in applicable Human Services Field, preferably a BSW (considered an asset)
• ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), or comparable, or willingness to obtain
• NVCI Certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training), or willingness to obtain
• Knowledge of Indigenous customs, traditions, and beliefs will be considered an asset
SALARY RANGE: (Depending on qualifications). per annum. This position is also entitled to a Northern allowance equal to an additional five percent (5%) of the salary. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3332.09.19
CLOSING DATE: 12pm/noon – October 4, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Kisewatisiwin Program
102-83 Churchill Drive
Thompson, MB R8N 0L6
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.