Careers with MYS
Full-Time Senior Youth Care Practitioner – St.Pierre Healing Home
Application deadline: 01-01-2039
SUMMARY: Macdonald Youth Services requires an experienced Senior Youth Care Practitioner (SYCP) to assist the Program Manager in both the daily operation and development of the program, while providing an opportunity for training as a Program Manager. This position is intended to share on-call responsibilities with the Program Manager and to provide coverage for the program when the Program Manager is on holidays. The Senior Youth Care Worker is directly responsible to the Program Manager and through that person to the Coordinator.
This position supports 24/7 operations and, as such, is required to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the SYCP include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfils the job duties/expectations of a Youth Care Practitioner (YCP)
- Takes a leadership role within the program
- Provides vacation and/or illness coverage for the Program Manager
- Provides on-call coverage as required
- Completes specific duties as assigned by the Program Manager. These may include:
- Assisting with interviewing and hiring of youth care workers
- Scheduling, co-ordination and training of relief/casual youth care workers
- Orienting new staff
- Coordinating the distribution of information
- Scheduling meetings
- Scheduling unit maintenance
- Financial and purchasing responsibilities
- Represents the Program Manager at meetings or functions as assigned
- Consults with the Program Therapist regarding clinical direction and acts as a liaison with other Program Staff
- Child and Youth Care Worker diploma or certificate (or equivalent certificate or diploma) and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the youth care field. A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Degree in an applicable human services field (BSW preferred) and 2 or more years’ experience in the youth care field preferred
- Supervisory experience (including financial management)
- Child Development training as per MYS policy, or willingness to obtain
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (subject to approval)
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C is mandatory
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months
- ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), or comparable/willingness to obtain
- NVCI Certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training), or willingness to obtain
- Knowledge of Indigenous customs, traditions, and beliefs will be considered an asset
SALARY RANGE: $36,080 - $ 54,120 (depending on qualifications) per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week. This position supports 24/7 operations and, as such, is required to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3283.06.19
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.