Careers with MYS
Full Time Healing Home Supervisor
Application deadline: 18-04-2019
POSITION: Full Time Healing Home Supervisor
SUMMARY: Macdonald Youth Services requires an experienced Healing Home Supervisor. The Healing Home Supervisor works in partnership with the Assessment Clinician in setting an overall clinical process for the program through daily programming and specific treatment plans for clients. The Healing Home Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of the facility, the case management of all clients within that program and all personnel matters related to their staff team.
The Healing Home Supervisor provides direct supervision of the staff in the healing home in order to achieve the organization’s strategic goals. The duties and responsibilities are carried out within a trauma and resiliency informed framework that promotes MYS’ Therapeutic Model of Care, including the agency Mission, Guiding Principles, and the Circle of Courage® values.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Healing Home Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Assessment Clinician, placing agency social worker, client, family, and appropriate collaterals in the development of treatment plans and goals or assessment planning for each client
- Ensures that these plans are then implemented by the Youth Care Workers and that all activities, routines and interactions are therapeutic and philosophically congruent with the program
- Is responsible for the overall case management for all clients, ensuring the Assessment Clinician’s input into all aspects of placement for each client
- Ensures that the referral, intake and discharge processes are conducted in accordance with Provincial and internal standards and procedures
- Ensures that all documentation is clear, accurate, and professional and complies with Licensing, Program standards, and MYS policies and procedures
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates all Youth Care Workers in accordance with agency standards
- Ensures the physical maintenance of the facility and its contents and property as well as all equipment and vehicles purchased for the program
- Works in consultation with other Healing Home Supervisors, Assessment Clinician, and Coordinator’s to ensure continuity and communication throughout the program
- A Human Services degree or a management or related degree, diploma or certificate, a combination or experience and education will be considered
- Minimum of five years’ experience working within a child welfare setting;
- Five years’ experience working in a residential program with this client group is preferred
- Must be available for after hour calls
- Demonstrated supervisory and program management experience, excellent interpersonal communication skills, the ability to be an effective team member
- Must possess a working knowledge of systems theory as well as be able to operate from a developmental perspective
- Knowledge of solution focused approach to treatment and FASD
- Completed YCW Core Competency Based Training (Supervisor) or willingness to attend the training
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (subject to approval)
- Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months
- ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) preferred or willingness to obtain
- NVCI Certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training) preferred or willingness to obtain
- Willingness to obtain necessary training as per agency training policy including: Suicide Intervention and Child Development
- Knowledge of Indigenous languages and cultures would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of administrative and financial processes would be an asset
SALARY RANGE: d.o.q. per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: This position supports 24/7 operations and, as such, is required to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3236.04.19
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 pm/noon - April 18, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.