Careers with MYS
Full Time Day Program Educator - Healing Homes
Application deadline: 21-03-2019
Macdonald Youth Services requires an experienced Day Program Educator. The Day Program Educator provides support to our youth who are transitioning into a regular school setting. The Day Program Educator will ensure that all programming that is provided for the youth are within the policies and treatment philosophy of MYS. The Day Program Educator’s duties and responsibilities are carried out within a trauma and resiliency informed framework that promotes MYS’ Therapeutic Model of Care, including the agency Mission, Guiding Principles and the Circle of Courage® values. Duties are performed within a team environment that focuses on establishing collaborative and trusting relationships with one another and with agency clients. Providing culturally competent services and ensuring client safety, choice and control are priorities at MYS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Day Program Educator include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Therapists managing intake and assessment process
- Assists Program Managers and Therapist working with schools the youth will be attending
- Develops and delivers alternative programming specific to youth( both individual and in small groups)
- Develops individual Education plans in consultation with catchment schools
- Assesses youth’s progress and report accordingly
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Education
- Minimum of three years’ experience dealing with at-risk youth groups
- Experience with Mac computer system and Smart boards
- Experience delivering alternative programming for youth challenged in the current school system
- Ability to develop curriculum and adapt a curriculum youth specific
- Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (subject to approval)
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Clear Child Abuse Registry check and acceptable Prior Contact checks
- Clear Adult Abuse Registry check
- Knowledge of developmental needs of our youth population (FASD, ADHD, ODD and emotional difficulty)
- Experience working in a therapeutic environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of Indigenous language , cultural practices and experience working with Indigenous youth, agencies and community organizations will be considered an asset
- Be able to teach basic music theory and rhythm. Have proficient to advanced musicianship skills on one or more of the following: guitar, bass, drums/percussion, piano/keys, DJing, singing, production, and songwriting. Knowledge of garage band software.
- A passion and knowledge of the arts and an artistic eye
SALARY RANGE: $43,320 - $63,480 d.o.q. per annum.
MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours a week – Monday-Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm) with flexibility to work evenings to meet the needs of the program
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3220.03.19
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 noon - March 21, 2019
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. All job offers are conditional upon providing the following satisfactory, and current (within 3 months) background checks: Child/Adult Abuse Registry Check; Prior Contact Check; and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities, please visit our website www.mys.ca.