Careers with MYS
Senior Youth Care Practitioner (Full Time/Term)
Application deadline: 18-02-2019
SUMMARY: Macdonald Youth Services requires an experienced Senior Youth Care Practitioner (SYCP) to assist the Program Manager in both the daily operation and development of the program, while providing an opportunity for training as a Program Manager. This position is intended to share on-call responsibilities with the Program Manager and to provide coverage for the program when the Program Manager is on holidays. The Senior Youth Care Worker is directly responsible to the Program Manager and through that person to the Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: of the SYCP include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfils the job duties/expectations of a Youth Care Practitioner (YCP)
- Takes a leadership role within the program
- Provides vacation and/or illness coverage for the Program Manager
- Provides on-call coverage as required
- Completes specific duties as assigned by the Program Manager. These may include:
- Assisting with interviewing and hiring of youth care workers
- Scheduling, co-ordination and training of relief/casual youth care workers
- Orienting new staff
- Coordinating the distribution of information
- Scheduling meetings
- Scheduling unit maintenance
- Financial and purchasing responsibilities
- Represents the Program Manager at meetings or functions as assigned
- Consults with the Program Therapist regarding clinical direction and acts as a liaison with other Program Staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Child and Youth Care Worker diploma or certificate (or equivalent certificate or diploma) and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the youth care field. A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Valid driver’s license
- First Aid and CPR Level C
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), or willingness to obtain
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), or comparable/willingness to obtain
- Child Development training as per MYS policy, or willingness to obtain
- Degree in an applicable human services field (BSW preferred) and 2 or more years’ experience in the youth care field
- Supervisory experience (including financial management)
- Knowledge of Indigenous languages and cultures would be considered an asset.
SALARY RANGE: d.o.q. per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: Combination of Days, Evenings, Weekends. 40 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3201.02.19
CLOSING DATE: February 18 2019 at noon
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3L 0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. All job offers are conditional upon providing the following satisfactory, and current (within 3 months) background checks: Child/Adult Abuse Registry Check; Prior Contact Check; and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.