Careers with MYS
Casual Crisis Workers - Mobile Crisis Team - Youth Crisis Stabilization System
Application deadline: 01-01-3000
Macdonald Youth Services requires a Casual Crisis Workers on the Mobile Crisis Team to work collaboratively with all components of the Youth Crisis Stabilization System program by providing service to youth in crisis. As part of a front-line 24-hour crisis response team, these individuals assist in delivering crisis services to families or caregivers who require contact with the Mobile Crisis Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Casual Crisis Worker include, but are not limited to:
- Rapid response to crisis calls
- Assessment of crisis situations
- Stabilization of crises
- Participation in the development of treatment recommendations with the client and caregivers
- Documentation for internal and agency requirements
- An undergraduate degree in Human Services or Child/Youth Care certification from an accredited university or college or/and extensive background in Youth Care or Crisis Work will be considered
- Demonstrated adherence to ethical and professional standards of conduct
- Current First Aid/CPR certification is mandatory
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI)
- Suicide Intervention training
- Child Development or commitment of certification as per MYS policy
- Experience dealing with crisis and children’s mental health issues would be considered an asset
- Good written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid driver's license and clear driver's abstract
- Knowledge of Aboriginal language and culture would be considered an asset
SALARY RANGE: $15.00 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Variety of hours and shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 902.00.00
Please forward a covering letter and resume quoting the competition number to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3L 0A1
CLOSING DATE: ongoing
MYS is an equal opportunity employer; Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. All job offers are conditional upon providing the following satisfactory, and current (within 3 months) background checks: Child Abuse Registry Check; Prior Contact Check; and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.