Careers with MYS
Youth Care Practitioners - Adolescent Resources in Community Homes
Application deadline: 01-01-3000
Full-time, part-time, casual and term positions may be hired from this posting.
Macdonald Youth Services, a youth-centered, family focused treatment agency requires Youth Care Practitioners to work casual relief shifts in a variety of programs and locations throughout Winnipeg and Southern Manitoba.
The Adolescent Resources in Community Homes (ARCH) Service at Macdonald Youth Services is comprised of seven separate community based homes and a work training and education program. Six of the homes are located within Winnipeg and one is located in a rural community about an hour outside of the city. The therapeutic programming within each program has been developed to work effectively with specific populations including a specific program that works only with youth who have committed sexual offences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: of the YCP include, but are not limited to:
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in providing a nurturing, caring and safe environment for male and female youth in a residential setting
- Administrative responsibilities, crisis management, maintaining health standards as directed by residential licensing, and contributing to treatment programming
- Sound judgment, stress management, and good role modeling skills are required
- Child and Youth Care Certificate/Diploma or a combination of education and experience may be considered
- One year experience with high risk youth
- Current First Aid / CPR certificate is mandatory
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training (NVCI)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with FASD
- Experience working with areas of Mental Health
- Demonstrated experience assessing and providing documentation to support assessment
- Possess a current (within 3 months) or willingness to obtain a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search)
- Possess a current (within 3 months) or willingness to obtain a Child Abuse Registry Check
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and language would be an asset
SALARY RANGE: $13.00 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Variety of hours and shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts and holidays
CLOSING DATE: ongoing
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position.
Please forward a covering letter and resume quoting the competition number to:
Macdonald Youth Services
175 Mayfair Avenue, Winnipeg, MB – R3L 0A1
COMPETITION NUMBER: 900.00.00
MYS is an equal opportunity employer; Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. All job offers are conditional upon providing the following satisfactory, and current (within 3 months) background checks: Child Abuse Registry Check; Prior Contact Check; and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.