Careers with MYS
Residence Workers - Kisewatisiwin Services - Fischer Place
Application deadline: 01-01-3000
Macdonald Youth Services requires Residence Workers for the Kisewatisiwin Services Area located in The Pas, Manitoba. Residence Workers provide supervision and assistance to adults living with intellectual and physical disabilities. Some positions fall under the collective agreement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Residence Worker include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting residents with the preparation, implementation and follow through of the Person Centered Plan in conjunction with the support network
- Introduce and implement training plans and activities
- Teach residents self-management skills to encourage as much independence as possible given each person’s differing skills and abilities
- Maintain positive and effective communication with residents
- Complete necessary documentation and records accurately in accordance with policy and procedures
- Ensure residents property and equipment is maintained in a clear and safe working order
- Provide nutritious meals and snacks in accordance with Canada’s Food Guide
- Recognize and respond to concerns of abuse and neglect
- Encourage and assist each resident to participate in the daily living activities and responsibilities of their personal lives and home
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid First Aid/CRP certificate, or willingness to obtain as per MYS policy
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess a current (within 3 months) or willingness to obtain a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search)
- Possess a current (within 3 months) or willingness to obtain a Child Abuse Registry Check
- Possess a current (within 3 months) or willingness to obtain an Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience working with adults with intellectual and physical disabilities
- Ability to work as a team member and in a team environment
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and language would be an asset
SALARY RANGE: $13.75 per hour, plus a Northern allowance equal to an additional five percent (5%) of the salary.
HOURS OF WORK: Variety of hours and shifts, inlcuding days, evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 907.00.00
Please forward a covering letter and resume quoting the competition number to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Kisewatisiwin Program
102-83 Churchill Drive
Thompson, MB R8N0L6
CLOSING DATE: ongoing
MYS is an equal opportunity employer; Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. All job offers are conditional upon providing the following satisfactory, and current (within 3 months) background checks: Child Abuse Registry Check; Prior Contact Check; and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.