Careers with MYS
Brief Therapy Team Therapist
Application deadline: 21-09-2019
SUMMARY: The Brief Therapy Therapist is required to work In collaboration with all components of YCSS, a Brief Therapy Team (BTT) Therapist provides short-term individual and family therapy as well as consultation regarding mental health services, education, mediation and child advocacy to children, youth and their families referred by the Mobile Crisis Team, Clinical Follow-up Facilitators, HBCIS or YES. .
• Provides on-site and community based interventions, including assessment, individual and family therapy and referral, through an advanced understanding of trauma, child and adolescent development and psychiatric diagnostic categories and impressions;
• Provides direct clinical services to clients as needed and engages clients' families in the therapy process, whenever possible;
• Meets regularly with the YCSS Team for the purpose of collaboration and planning and engages in case consultation with YCSS Psychiatrist
• Maintains appropriate documentation of all clinical activities and supports the development and implementation of intervention plans by the YCSS team
• Provides regularly scheduled consultation with the staff team by attending staff meetings;
• Assists team members in problem-solving to address client issues;
• Facilitates referrals to external supports and resources when required.
• Provides triage and referral;
• Provides consultation to collateral agencies such as Children and Adolescent Mental Health System, Child and Family Services, schools, and Youth Justice System.
• Facilitates topic-specific training sessions as needed to assist the staff team in developing skills to implement intervention plans;
• Participates in hiring/screening of staff, when requested by MYS management;
• Provides feedback on job performance for staff performance development plans, as requested.
• Collaborates with the YCSS Team by providing input to the clinical aspects of case management that involve therapeutic issues, such as intake, intervention plans, discharge planning, support requests and contact with collaterals.
• Participates as a member of the YCSS management team;
• Works in consultation with other YCSS staff and external agencies to ensure continuity and communication throughout YCSS;
• Extends consultation whenever possible by sharing YCSS resources and information with other MYS programs;
• Attends MYS staff meetings and contributes to the overall functioning of MYS by assuming appropriate additional responsibilities as needed;
• Represents the YCSS program both within and outside of MYS;
• Maintains open communication within the agency and fulfills administrative duties as assigned;
• Maintains clinical/professional development through reading, attending workshops and peer and clinical consultation on a regular basis;
• Participates/facilitates meetings and conferences as directed by supervisor;
• Performs other tasks and duties as directed by supervisor, within the context of the Position Summary
• A Master’s Degree in Human Sciences
• Minimum two (2) years work experience in a clinical setting under clinical supervision with children and adolescents and their families;
• An advanced understanding of family dynamics, child development, common mental health difficulties of children and adolescents and the reporting process for child protection issues;
• A member in good standing with a professional association and is registered or licensed by a governing body;
• Current FA/CPR, NVCI & ASIST;
• Class 5 Driver’s License (preferred).
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months required
SALARY RANGE: $44,983.22 - $66,324.81 (depending on qualifications) per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: .8 x 35 hrs/week = 28 hrs/week and Full Time – 35 hrs/week. (Exact days and hours to be determined, some evenings required to meet client service needs)
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3336.09.19
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 pm/noon – September 21, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.