Careers with MYS
Full Time Clinical Case Manager – Healing Homes
Application deadline: 24-12-2019
COMPETITION # 3316 (REPOST)
SUMMARY: Macdonald Youth Services requires an experienced Clinical Case Manager (CCM) within the Healing Homes Service Area. The CCM is responsible to provide leadership, development and supervision of case and treatment plans for children placed in the MYS Healing Homes Program, and ensuring that they are provided with exceptional care. As well, CCMs contribute to the ongoing development of the program.
This position supports 24/7 operations and, as such, will be required to work a variety of shifts, including days, and occasional evenings, nights and weekends.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the CCM include, but are not limited to:
• Ensures a systems approach to planning
• Participates in the screening process for placement referrals and provides information to MYS Centralized Intake and Assessment
• Participates in the development of Risk Assessments, Safety Plans and Care Plans
• Liaises with internal and external systems for the purpose of information gathering, scheduling of Care Plan meetings and associated tasks
• Monitors and re-evaluates the Care Plans on an ongoing basis (i.e. quarterly)
• Assists in the coordination of communication amongst Care Team members and the scheduling/coordination of care planning events
• Maintains and/or develops family contact, including a visiting plan
• Participates in ensuring adequate transition, discharge and age of majority planning for every youth in placement
• Participates in ongoing consultation regarding the Care Plans and ensures identified actions to meet goals are implemented
• Coordinates key workers 1:1 time with children and youth to engaged in special therapeutic activities (e.g. Life and/or memory books)
• Participates in the review of incident reports and provides crisis management
• Ensures appropriate and timely record keeping
• Provides after-hours support to the program if required
• Attends team meetings, and children and youth planning meetings
• Attends relevant training as required by agency policy or Clinical Manager
• Participates in clinical consultation with Clinical Manager and/or delegate
• Liaises with other agency programs
• Participates in agency committees as approved by the Coordinator, Healing Homes
• Attends mandatory agency and program events
• Represents MYS and Healing Homes at agency and community functions
• Post-secondary degree in human service field. Bachelor of Social Work degree preferred;
• 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: child welfare, foster care, residential care, case management, risk assessment and safety planning
• Valid driver’s license
• Strong written and oral skills
• Microsoft Office at an Intermediate level
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months
• ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) preferred
• NVCI Certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training) preferred
• Willingness to obtain training as per MYS policy/agency required training
• Knowledge of Indigenous cultural practices and experience working with Indigenous youth, agencies and community organizations will be considered an asset
• Knowledge of systems for children in care, school, family functioning and child welfare.
SALARY RANGE: (Depending on qualifications). MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan
HOURS OF WORK: Monday- Friday 8:30 – 4:30, 35 hours per week. Possibility of evenings and weekends.
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 pm/noon – December 24, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.