Careers with MYS
Casual MCT Clinician - Mobile Crisis Team - Youth Crisis Services
Application deadline: 01-01-3000
Macdonald Youth Services requires a Casual Clinician for the Mobile Crisis Team to work collaboratively with all components of the Youth Crisis Services program by providing service to youth in crisis. As part of a front-line, 24-hour crisis response team, this individual will assist in delivering crisis services to families or caregivers who require contact with the Mobile Crisis Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Casual MCT Clinician include, but are not limited to:
- Take a leading role in the development of treatment planning and crisis intervention to families in crisis
- Conduct mental status exams and safety assessments
- Asses the need for internal and external services as appropriate
- Internal and external communication, and, consultation regarding specific therapeutic issues
- Documentation for internal and external agency requirements
- Undergraduate Degree in Human Services , plus a minimum of four (4) years work experience in a supervised clinical setting
- Advanced Certificate in Children’s Mental Health would be an asset
- Eligibility for membership or member in good standing of relevant professional association or licensing body
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a clinical setting under clinical supervision with children and adolescents and their families
- Ability to administer mental status exam, working knowledge of diagnostic categories, and suicide/risk assessment skills required
- Good written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Current First Aid/CPR certification is mandatory
- Non-violent crisis intervention (NVCI), Suicide Intervention training and Child Development or commitment of certification as per MYS policy
- Valid drivers license (class 5) and drivers abstract
- Experience dealing with crisis and children’s mental health issues would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of aboriginal culture and language would be an asset
SALARY RANGE: $19.26 - $21.87 per hour.
HOURS OF WORK: Variety of hours and shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts and holidays
CLOSING DATE: ongoing
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position.
Please forward a covering letter and resume quoting the competition number to:
Macdonald Youth Services
175 Mayfair Avenue, Winnipeg, MB – R3L 0 A1
COMPETITION NUMBER: 903.00.00
MYS is an equal opportunity employer; Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. All job offers are conditional upon providing the following satisfactory, and current (within 3 months) background checks: Child Abuse Registry Check; Prior Contact Check; and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.