Careers with MYS
Casual Intake Clinician - Mobile Crisis Team - Youth Crisis Services
Application deadline: 01-01-3000
Macdonald Youth Services requires casual Intake Clinicians to provide telephone crisis intervention and triage functions for the Mobile Crisis Team. These positions assess the nature and extent of the crisis situation and determine appropriate response. This position falls under the collective agreement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Casual Intake Clinician include, but are not limited to:
- Answering the telephone lines and responding accordingly to the needs of callers
- Being aware of all community resources and their services offered, the target population and how referrals are processed
- Gathering relevant information on calls, determining appropriateness for Mobile Crisis Team response, being able to prioritize requests and know the whereabouts of the Mobile Crisis Teams at all times when on shift
- Prioritizing the order in which the Mobile Crisis Team responds to requests for service
- Undergraduate degree in Human Services
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development
- Valid drivers license
- Excellent verbal skills
- Knowledge of Child Welfare Act
- Knowledge of child and adolescent mental health issues and resources
- Current First Aid/CPR, Suicide Intervention & NVCI certification
- Knowledge of Aboriginal language and culture
SALARY RANGE: $19.26 - $21.87 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Variety of hours and shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts and holidays
CLOSING DATE: ongoing
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position.
Please forward a covering letter and resume quoting the competition number to:
Macdonald Youth Services
175 Mayfair Avenue, Winnipeg, MB – R3L 0A1
COMPETITION NUMBER: 906.00.00
MYS is an equal opportunity employer; Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. All job offers are conditional upon providing the following satisfactory, and current (within 3 months) background checks: Child Abuse Registry Check; Prior Contact Check; and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.