Careers with MYS
Supervisor, Healing Homes - Perm/FT
Application deadline: 07-08-2020
SUMMARY : The Healing Homes Supervisor works in partnership with the YCWs, other professionals, youth and families in developing an overall healing process within the program and for individual youth, through daily programming and specific Healing Plans for youth and families. The Healing Homes Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of the home, the case management of all youth within the program and work collaboratively with Human Resources on personnel matters related to the staff team. The Healing Home supervisor functions within a strengths based, trauma informed, Relational Child & Youth Car approach.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Healing Home Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
• Develops, with the YCW’s and other professionals, placing agency social worker, youth, and family, with specific goals and Healing Plan for each youth.
• Collaborates with the Assessment Clinician, placing agency social worker, client, family, and appropriate collaterals in the development of treatment plans and goals or assessment planning for each client
• Ensures that these plans are then implemented by the Youth Care Workers and that all activities, routines and interactions are therapeutic and philosophically congruent with the program
• Is responsible for the overall case management for all clients, ensuring the Assessment Clinician’s input into all aspects of placement for each client
• Ensures that the referral, intake and discharge processes are conducted in accordance with Provincial and Agency standards and procedures
• Ensures that all documentation is clear, accurate, and professional and complies with Licensing, Program standards, and MYS policies and procedures
• Hires, supervises, evaluates all Youth Care Workers in accordance with Agency standards
• Ensures the physical maintenance of the facility and its contents and property as well as all equipment and vehicles purchased for the program
• Works in consultation with other Healing Homes Supervisors, CCMs, Therapists and the Manager of Operations to ensure continuity and communication throughout ARCH, Attends MYS All Management and Program Staff meetings and contributes to the overall functioning of MYS
• A Human Services degree or a management or related degree, diploma or certificate, a combination or experience and education will be considered
• Five years’ experience working in a child welfare/residential program with this client group is preferred
• Must be available for after hour calls
• Demonstrated supervisory and program management experience, excellent interpersonal communication skills, the ability to be an effective team member
• Must possess a working knowledge of systems theory as well as be able to operate from a developmental perspective with a Knowledge of solution focused approach to treatment and FASD
• Completed YCW Core Competency Based Training (Supervisor) or willingness to attend the training
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (subject to approval)
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months
• Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C , ASIST Certificate (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) and NVCI Certificate (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training) Willingness to obtain necessary training including Suicide Intervention and Child Development.
• Knowledge of Indigenous languages and cultures would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of administrative and financial processes would be an asset
SALARY RANGE: $49,000.00 - $62,000.00 Depending on qualifications per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week. This position supports 24/7 operations and, as such, is required to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 pm/noon – August 7, 2020
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.