Careers with MYS
Customer Service Administrator, Administration – Perm/Full Time
Application deadline: 13-04-2021
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by greeting and welcoming clients and visitors in person, or on the phone, in a professional and friendly manner. Direct inquires appropriately and provide administrative support to the agency.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Customer Service Administrator include, but are not limited to:
• Operate a central switchboard; answer, screen and direct incoming telephone calls
• Respond to inquiries, act on requests, or refer clients and visitors to the appropriate staff.
• Sort and distribute mail, and coordinate outgoing courier deliveries in a timely and accurate manner.
• Complete routine copying, scanning, faxing, mailing and distribution of materials.
• Monitor and distribute faxes. Ensure fax machines and photocopiers in the office are operating effectively and that supplies are ordered. Place service calls when required.
• Maintain and update internal agency phone directory, phone system and email groups.
• Manage sign in/out log for office equipment such as laptops and projectors.
• Responsible for petty cash and the postage meter.
• Track and order office supplies, including kitchen and bathroom supplies.
• Produce photo ID for staff and maintain the database.
• Compile month end copier and postage totals for accounting.
• Gathers monthly odometer readings for agency vehicles.
• Maintain and update agency internal websites.
• Assist programs with new employee set up.
• Schedule, coordinate and setup meetings, conferences and special events.
• Prepare meeting materials and arrange catering when required.
• Ensure timely flow of information to internal and external clients.
• Prepare, format and update documents including correspondence, presentations, reports, memos and emails with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system of confidential information including record keeping and tracking information.
• Create and maintain a position or desk reference manual.
• Coordinate in-kind donations and tickets received and distribute accordingly.
• Assist with compiling attendance and timesheets for submission as needed.
• Contribute to cost savings for the agency and basic accounting duties.
• Provide administrative support for special projects as requested.
• Adhere to the established agency Policies, Procedures and Standards.
• Participate in cross-training of other administrative positions as required.
• Other duties as assigned to help maximize efficient use of the agency and/or Management’s time.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following competencies, which incorporate the Seven Sacred Teachings;
Bravery/Courage – Bear
• Continuously seek opportunities by taking initiative and championing new ideas that benefit youth
• Consistently persist in the face of obstacles, takes action to reach high personal goals and standards
• Monitor the progress of work to meet deadlines even under stress and pressure through planning and prioritizing
• Initiate creative planning and advocate for change
Respect – Buffalo
• Build relationships with staff and volunteers, focusing on their needs, responding quickly and understanding roles and responsibilities
• Acknowledge and advocate other teachings and/or spiritual practices and beliefs and incorporate them into day-to-day operations
Honesty – Saabe
• Demonstrate effective communication by sharing information, asking questions and active listening
• Perform with good intention, take responsibility and follow through on commitments
• Role model positive practices and ethics with an ability to represent the organization in a positive manner
Love – Eagle
• Show an understanding of love in the form of appropriate and effective self-care strategies
• Recognize the gifts that all people bring and allow people to share those gifts, even if different from our own understanding
Wisdom – Beaver
• Demonstrate a good understanding or an openness to learn of Indigenous communities and the impacts of inter-generational and historical trauma
• Knowledge, awareness and respect of Indigenous cultures, languages, traditions, and practices
Humility – Wolf
• Create or support an environment of collaboration while still contributing and sharing credit freely with various teams across MYS and service partners
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances or conditions with flexibility and compassion
• Ability to reflect or seek guidance to ensure support given is representative of the organization’s mission and values
Truth – Turtle
• Gather relevant information, recognize patterns and themes in the data, generate and consider multiple alternatives and make decisions in a timely manner
• Analytical and critical thinker
• Post-secondary training in relevant field, a combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience working in social services and knowledge of community resources.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in an administrative or customer service role.
• Experience using a multi-line phone system. Ability to use office equipment such as printer, photocopier, fax and computer etc.
• Intermediate computer proficiency: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.).
• Training in telephone etiquette and customer service is desirable. Commitment to ongoing training opportunities.
• Knowledge of Indigenous culture and language would be an asset.
• Exceptional customer service skills and strong problem-solving abilities. Maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
• Experience dealing effectively with all levels of clients and staff.
• Possess a high level of organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Ability to enter data efficiently, timely and accurately in order to meet deadlines.
• Experience working with database programs.
SALARY RANGE: Depending on qualifications per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week. Monday – Friday (8:00-4:00)
Please forward a cover letter and resume quoting the competition number by April 6, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca/careers.