Careers with MYS
Software Specialist, Business Operations - Perm/FT
Application deadline: 17-09-2020
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Software Specialist is responsible for delivering software solutions to the operational end users within the organization. The software specialist is proficient with all end user software and will create training manuals and administer training to all MYS staff and management. The Software Specialist will also track, analyze and consult on software performance issues and make recommendations on upgrades, add-ons, customizations and new applications.
- Evaluates and resolves user software problems; identifies and administers end user training; assists in data entry and start up processes for new and existing end user software; contacts appropriate resources for additional assistance.
- Coordinates installation of software; installs, tests, and monitors the operation of computer software; assists in configuring software to meet each departments' needs.
- Evaluates the need for new and revised systems; identifies possible improvements in computer systems; makes recommendations for purchase of new information systems.
- Assists in server support and maintenance with Tech support.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of end user software; answers questions and assists in resolving problems regarding the methods and procedures for using computer applications.
- Collects, compiles and enters data and processes information into various software systems, and provides data entry support to various programs. Adapts existing database software, spreadsheets, and other programs to best meet departmental or end user needs.
- Troubleshooting skills for urgent user operational requests.
- Maintains various records and documentation for department computer systems.
- Point of contact for all MYS IT related vendors.
- Create user and business requirements.
- Being able to be a part of new project or lead the IT portion and create a timeline for projects.
- Adaptable in a changing environment and able to take initiative and provide guidance to junior staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or 3-4 years equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in computer hardware configuration.
- Basic SQL.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages and their applications to include
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft operating systems, Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as being organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the phone.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Valid Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Experience in payworks or any other payroll software.
- Experience in BI software.
- Project Management Experience.
- Previous experience in a not-for-profit setting.
SALARY RANGE: Depending on qualifications, per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours a week Monday - Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) quoting the competition number prior to September 17, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.