Careers with MYS
Full-Time Maintenance Worker
Application deadline: 10-12-2019
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3371
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Worker provides preventative and regular maintenance and renovations to all MYS owned and rented residential homes, agency administrative buildings, and program offices. This position requires the staff member to work directly in the agency client environment. The successful candidate may be required to travel outside of the city of Winnipeg on occasion.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Maintenance Worker include, but are not limited to:
• Perform general carpentry, including framing, finishing, renovating, locksmithing and repairs;
• Repair and/or replace interior and exterior doors, both wood and steel;
• Repair broken window hardware and glass;
• Repair and/or replace damage to drywall and plaster and prepare for painting;
• Perform miscellaneous painting, including priming and preparation work;
• Perform minor electrical repairs, including the installation of new circuits and wiring;
• Perform minor plumbing and heating repairs; including installations to plumbing and heating apparatus;
• Perform, if qualified, annual service inspections for furnaces, boilers and AC units and compile reports for Provincial Licensing Coordinator;
• Repair masonry and concrete (brickwork and sidewalks);
• Install and/or repair various types of flooring (sheet vinyl, carpet, hardwood floors, etc.);
• Perform landscape work (spread topsoil, install new sod, etc.);
• Perform minor repairs to appliances (stove, washer, dryer, dishwasher, fridge, etc.);
• Perform regular preventative maintenance (replace furnace filters, clean air conditioner units etc.);
• Other duties as assigned coordinated with specialty knowledge.
• High school graduate;
• A valid Province of Manitoba Journeyman’s Certificate, in either of the building trades;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in building, renovations and/or facilities maintenance;
• Must hold valid driver’s license;
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months;
• Previous experience with Workplace Safety and Health;
• Knowledge of Indigenous language and culture is an asset.
SALARY RANGE: Depending on qualifications per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week.
CLOSING DATE: 12pm/noon – December 10, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in Word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.