Careers with MYS
Customer Service Administrator (Repost)
Application deadline: 16-10-2019
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service by greeting and welcoming clients and visitors in person, or on the phone, in a professional and friendly manner. Direct inquires appropriately and provide administrative support to the agency.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Customer Service Administrator include, but are not limited to:
• Operate a central switchboard; answer, screen and direct incoming telephone call as well as responding to inquiries, acts on requests, or refer clients and visitors to the appropriate staff.
• Sort and distribute all mail, and coordinate outgoing courier deliveries in a timely and accurate manner plus complete routine copying, scanning, faxing, mailing and distribution of materials
• Record all cheques and invoices, and monitor the email inbox. Maintain and update internal agency phone directory, phone system and email group.
• Monitor and distribute faxes. Ensure fax machines and photocopiers in the office are operating effectively and that supplies are ordered. Place service calls when required.
• Maintain and update internal agency phone directory, phone system and email group.
• Manages sign in/out log for office equipment such as laptops and projectors.
• Responsible for petty cash and the postage meter, as well as track and order office supplies, including kitchen and bathroom supplies.
• Produce photo ID for staff and maintain the database.
• Compiles month end copier and postage totals for accounting as well as Gathers monthly odometer readings for agency vehicles.
• Update agency intranet as required.
• Assist with setting up and onboarding new employees.
• Schedule, coordinate and setup meetings, conferences and special events, prepare meeting materials and arrange catering as required
• Ensures timely flow of information to internal and external clients.
• Prepare, format and update documents including correspondence, memos and emails with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Provide support to the agency staff, management and administrative team.
• Assist with confidential information including record keeping and tracking information.
• Creates and maintains a desk reference manual.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
• Assist with attendance and timesheets as needed.
• Coordinate travel arrangements as required.
• Basic bookkeeping duties.
• Provide assistance and administrative support for projects.
• Identify systems or processes that would enable tasks to be completed more efficiently.
• Participates in cross-training of other administrative positions as required.
• Cheerful, pleasant demeanor with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
• Exceptional customer service skills and strong problem solving abilities. Experience dealing effectively with all levels of clients and staff.
• Experience dealing effectively with all levels of clients and staff.
• Detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Possess a high level of organizational, time management and prioritization skills and Ability to enter data efficiently, timely and accurately in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to enter data efficiently, timely and accurately in order to meet deadlines as well as experience working with a Client Relationship Management (CRM) database
• Post-secondary training in relevant field. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience working in social services and knowledge of community resources.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in senior administrative role and minimum of five (5) years’ experience in customer service role
• Experience using a multi-line phone system.
• Intermediate computer proficiency: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.).
• Ability to use office equipment such as printer, photocopier, fax and computer etc.
• Training in telephone etiquette and customer service is desirable.
• Knowledge of Indigenous culture and language would be an asset.
• Commitment to ongoing training opportunities, enter data efficiently, timely and accurately in order to meet deadlines.
• Experience working with a Client Relationship Management (CRM) database.
• Maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
• Satisfactory Criminal record Check with Vulnerable Sector, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact Checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry Check, all done within the last 3 months.
SALARY RANGE: Depending on qualifications per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week. Monday – Friday (8:30am-4:30pm).
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3329.09.19 (Repost)
CLOSING DATE: 12pm/noon – October 22, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.