Careers with MYS
Full-Time Administrative Assistant
Application deadline: 27-08-2019
SUMMARY: Provide professional administrative support to the Healing Homes program area with a high degree of organization, time management and confidentiality.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Administrative Assistant include, but are not limited to:
• Provide support to agency staff, management and administrative team.
• Prepare, format and update documents including correspondence, presentations, reports, memos and emails with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ensures timely flow of information to internal and external clients.
• Schedule, coordinate and setup meetings, conferences and special events; and prepare meeting materials and arrange catering when required.
• Attend meetings and transcribe and distribute minutes in a timely manner.
• Assist with confidential information including record keeping and tracking information.
• Complete routine copying, scanning, faxing, mailing and distribution of materials; and manage incoming correspondence such as fax, mail and email.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
• Monitor and order supplies and resource material.
• Contribute to cost savings for the program area and agency.
• Assist with setting up and onboarding new employees.
• Coordinate travel arrangements as required.
• Assist with attendance and timesheets as needed.
• Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or by telephone, and answering and/or directing inquiries.
• Participate in cross-training for other administrative positions as required; as well as provide reception/switchboard relief when required.
• Provide assistance and administrative support for projects as required.
• Basic bookkeeping duties.
• Identify systems or processes that would enable tasks to be completed more efficiently.
• Creates and maintains a position or desk reference manual.
• Adhere to the established agency Policies, Procedures and Standards.
• Other duties as determined to help maximize efficient use of the program area and/or Management’s time.
• Create admissions/funding sheets.
• Process and record incident reports.
• Maintain Alternative Parent Home website.
• Prepare electronic and hard copy client files for new and discharged clients.
• Compile and submit checks (criminal record, child abuse registry, prior contact) for foster parents.
• Assist with preparation of documents for licensing reviews and agency reporting.
• Tracks, logs and distributes completed Care Plans to placing agencies and foster parents.
• Update and maintain Client Relationship Management (CRM) database.
• Graduate of Business/Office Administration program, or equivalent. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in administrative role including taking minutes and composing reports.
• Intermediate computer proficiency: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint etc.) and Outlook.
• Ability to use office equipment such as printer, photocopier, fax and computer etc.
• Commitment to ongoing training opportunities.
• Consideration given to applicant with a Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences.
• Knowledge of Indigenous culture and language would be an asset.
• Experience in a child welfare and/or not-for-profit setting.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months;
• Possess a high level of organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills and strong problem solving capabilities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Enter data efficiently, timely and accurately in order to meet deadlines.
• Experience working with a Client Relationship Management (CRM) database.
• Maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
SALARY RANGE: $30,700 - $46,000 (depending on qualifications) per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week. Monday – Friday (8:30am-4:30pm).
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3312.08.19
CLOSING DATE: 12pm/noon – August 27, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.