Careers with MYS
Full-Time Accounting Clerk - Accounts Payable
Application deadline: 23-07-2019
SUMMARY: Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the disbursement cycle and ensuring disbursements are processed according to agency policies and procedures. Handle high volume of payables to vendors and staff.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Accounting Clerk- Accounts Payable include, but are not limited to:
- Processes invoices, credit notes, cheque requisitions, mileage reimbursements, and other reimbursements;
- Calculates and records GST input tax credits for all disbursements;
- Creates and maintains vendors in the accounting system;
- Performs cheque runs according to schedules;
- Processes void payments for stale-dated and returned cheques;
- Initiates stop payments on cheques when required;
- Counts and receipts incoming cash and prepares for deposit. Processes the journal entry to record;
- Maintains purchase order system;
- Reconciles vendor statements upon receipt. Follows up with vendor if any discrepancies arise;
- Balances the accounts payable sub ledger to the general ledger;
- Provides reception, administration and accounting backup coverage;
- Deposits agency daily bank deposit;
- Prepares and posts journal entries for accounts payable related items;
- Ensures physical control over cheque stock;
- Engages in problem solving with programs or vendors with accounts payable related concerns;
- Maintains Work Force Venture (WFV) books and bank reconciliation;
- Assists with filling and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma;
- Two years of post-secondary education in accounting and/or Certificate in Accounting;
- Experience with high volume of payables and reporting within tight deadlines;
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office and accounting software;
- Two years relevant accounting experience;
- An understanding of GAAP, and CICA handbook;
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, a clear Child Abuse Registry check with acceptable Prior Contact checks and a clear Adult Abuse Registry check, all done within the last 3 months;
- Valid driver’s license, and access to vehicle to complete daily bank deposits;
- Completed postsecondary education;
- Experience in ACCPAC;
- Enrollment in Professional Accounting Program;
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization.
SALARY RANGE: Dependent on qualifications, per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week; Monday – Friday.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3291.07.19
CLOSING DATE: 12pm/noon – July 23, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.