Careers with MYS
Full-Time Accounting Clerk - General
Application deadline: 16-05-2019
- Performs assigned duties that ensure the effective, efficient and accurate operation of the Accounting department.
- Ensures accounting system internal and external deadlines are met.
- Ensures policies implementation in the Business Operations area
- Assists in providing accounting and finance related support to the Accounting Supervisor.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Accounting Clerk include, but are not limited to:
SUPPORT TO ACCOUNTING DEPT:
- Assists Accounts Receivable with the inputting of bank deposits into the Accounting System
- Prepares the daily Bank Deposit for all Bank Accounts
- E-mails out invoices to Agencies on a monthly basis
- Inputs Credit Card authorizations on a monthly basis into to Accounting System
- Assists with monthly account reconciliations when required
- Assists with compiling documents for the annual audit
- Prepares adjusting journal entries as instructed by the Accounting Supervisor or Manager, Accounting and Payroll
DEBIT CARDS SYSTEM:
- Review and process debit card reports daily
- Prepares and posts all journal entries related to cash transfers;
- Creates the weekly Bank Transfer on the Bank Web Site and submits for review
- Prepares journal entries related to bank entries and electronic fund transactions.
OTHER DUTIES AND SPECIALIZED ROUTINES:
- Assists with the preparation of program budgets by providing information as identified;
- Assists with the preparation of the administrative budget at it relates to costs of the accounting area;
- Assists with the development of procedures for and accounts for special events as required;
- Distributes Purchase Order sheets to Programs and tracks the P.O. Number and Program it was issued to in an Excel sheet
- Provides vacation coverage support for accounting staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma;
- Two years of post-secondary education in accounting and/or Certificate in Accounting;
- Computer experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office;
- Experience with high volume of documents and reporting within tight deadlines;
- An understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Two years relevant accounting experience.
- Post-secondary education preferred;
- Experience in ACCPAC preferred;
- Enrollment in Professional Accounting Program preferred;
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization preferred.
SALARY RANGE: d.o.q. per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week. Monday – Friday (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3258.05.19
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 pm/noon – May 16, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.