Careers with MYS
Full-Time Human Resource Consultant (Two Positions)
Application deadline: 01-10-2019
Two positions may be hired from this competition.
SUMMARY: Macdonald Youth Services requires an experienced Human Resources (HR) Consultant that is responsible for delivering HR best practices and HR solutions that support MYS.
HR Consultant duties and responsibilities are carried out within a trauma and resiliency informed framework that promotes MYS’ Therapeutic Model of Care, including the agency Mission, Guiding Principles and the Circle of Courage® values. Duties are performed within a team environment that focuses on establishing collaborative and trusting relationships with one another and with agency clients. Providing culturally competent services and ensuring client safety, choice and control are priorities at MYS.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the HR Consultant include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the provision of human resource services including; management support, performance management and attendance management
- Labour relations: collective agreement, contract and policy and procedure interpretation
- Employee Relations: workplace disputes, progressive discipline, conducting exit interviews, workplace safety and health
- Staffing: development of selection criteria and interview questions, job descriptions, participation on interview panels
- Provides advice, HR guidance, problem solving and support to employees in both union and non-union environments
- Tracks benefits, probationary periods, doctor’s notes, work restrictions, sick time and make necessary changes/amendments when required
- Develop and revise new positions
- Lead the job analysis process including writing or updating job descriptions
- Case manages the Workers Compensation Claims and Leaves of Absence
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized post-secondary institution and/or certificate in Human Resource Management from a recognized post-secondary institutions
- CPHR designation or candidate or in the process of obtaining
- Equivalent combination education and experience may be considered
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a human resource environment performing broad range of direct human resource functions
- Knowledge of current employment practices, human rights legislation, employment standards code and collective agreements
- Progressive experience working within a unionized environment
- Superior organizational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and work accurately with detailed information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Functions effectively as a team member, demonstrating emotional stability and objectivity when dealing with challenging/changing work environments
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit human service and/or shift-staffed organization
SALARY RANGE: Depending on qualifications per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week – Monday-Friday
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3340.09.19
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 pm/noon - October 1, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.