Careers with MYS
Human Resources Assistant
Application deadline: 20-02-2019
SUMMARY: Macdonald Youth Services requires an experienced Full Time Human Resources Assistant within the HR department. The HR Assistant will provide professional and confidential administrative support. As a self-starting individual, you will play an essential role in supporting the staffing process, preparing human resource reports and maintaining the Human Resource Management System. If you are a motivated, detail-oriented and organized professional who is committed to providing exceptional customer service, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: of the HR Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources, including scheduling appointments, processing invoices, and assisting with correspondence
- Compose and distribute internal and external job postings
- Assist in the recruitment process by preparing screening guides and sorting applications in competition folders
- Manage the electronic files and paper files with regards to new hire packages
- Process new hire employment checks and packages including Child Abuse Registry, Adult Abuse Registry, Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector and Prior Contact checks
- Ensure the HRMS system is up-to-date, including updating approval sequences and assisting in creating new forms
- Maintain HR systems and records in the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) with a high level of accuracy
- Compose correspondence and assist with processing change forms on behalf of HR
- Sorts, logs and distributes incoming mail and faxes
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma in business administration or a related field with a minimum of 2-3 years administrative experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong knowledge of human resource processes with previous experience and or formal education in Human Resources
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines;
- Detail oriented with ability to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional with a customer service focus and strong problem solving skills
- Intermediate computer proficiency: Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc.), E-Mail
- Experience working with a database including Human Resource Management Systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess a current (within 3 months) or willingness to obtain a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) and a Child Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Check and Adult Abuse Check
- Willingness to obtain training as per MYS policy
- Knowledge and/or experience working in the Child Welfare System
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and language would be an asset
SALARY RANGE: d.o.q. per annum.
MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3200.02.19
CLOSING DATE: Noon - February 20, 2019
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave
Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. All job offers are conditional upon providing the following satisfactory, and current (within 3 months) background checks: Child/Adult Abuse Registry Check; Prior Contact Check; and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.