Careers with MYS
Software Specialist - Business Operations
Application deadline: 25-01-2019
SUMMARY: The Software Support Specialist is responsible for delivering software solutions to the operational end users within the organization. The software support specialist is proficient with all end user software and will create training manuals and administer training to all MYS staff and management. They will also track, analyse and consult on software performance issues and make recommendations on upgrades, add-ons, customizations and new applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting directly to the Facilities Coordinator, the duties and responsibilities of the PC and Software Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates and resolves user software problems; identifies and administers end user training; assists in data entry and start up processes for new and existing end user software; contacts appropriate resources for additional assistance.
- Coordinates installation of software; installs, tests, and monitors the operation of computer software; assists in configuring software to meet each departments' needs.
- Evaluates the need for new and revised systems; identifies possible improvements in computer systems; makes recommendations for purchase of new information systems.
- Assists in server support and maintenance with Tech support.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of end user software; answers questions and assists in resolving problems regarding the methods and procedures for using computer applications.
- Collects, compiles and enters data and processes information into various software systems, and provides data entry support to various programs. Adapts existing database software, spreadsheets, and other programs to best meet departmental or end user needs.
- Maintains various records and documentation for department computer systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages and their applications to include Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the phone.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or2 years equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in a not-for-profit setting
SALARY RANGE: $41,300 – $61,900 d.o.q. per annum. MYS offers a competitive benefit package and pension plan.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume or cover letter how they meet the requirements of the position, quoting the competition number.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 3189.01.19
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 noon January 25/19
Please forward a cover letter and resume (in word or PDF format) prior to the closing date, to:
Macdonald Youth Services – Human Resources
175 Mayfair Ave Winnipeg Manitoba R3L0A1
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. All job offers are conditional upon providing the following satisfactory, and current (within 3 months) background checks: Child/Adult Abuse Registry Check; Prior Contact Check; and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For further information about our other employment and volunteer opportunities please visit our website www.mys.ca.