Monetary donations to MYS can be made in a variety of ways:
- in person
- by mail (Macdonald Youth Services, 400–491 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 2E4)
- by phone 204.477.1722
All gifts will be dedicated to the area of greatest need. If you would like your donation to go to a special program or initiative, kindly advise us and we will ensure it is properly allocated according to your wishes.
Sponsoring an MYS event or program is another way for an individual, business or organization to partner with our agency and become engaged in a meaningful way. Each sponsor is recognized for their contributions and every dollar counts!
- Sponsor a meal for special holidays or you can sponsor food for a day ANY day at our youth shelter.
- Sponsor a program, a cultural day, training, guest speaker or an initiative that would bring meaning and value to our youth. This provides our youth with extra programming, which goes beyond daily routines. It gives them an opportunity to attend events or participate in extracurricular activities.
- Sponsor an MYS fundraising event! By partnering with our agency, you can help us meet and possibly surpass our fundraising goals while giving back to the community. There are many levels of sponsorships tailored to each event. We are always so grateful for our sponsors! To explore this option, contact us.
Leave a gift that creates a legacy and lasts a lifetime. By making arrangements to leave a legacy gift through a bequest, will or life insurance policy, you and your loved ones can be certain every dollar is going directly to help children and youth grow and heal in safe, caring and respectful environments. To explore this option, contact us.
When you subscribe to the MYS mailing list you can be part of our MYS Annual Giving Program through our direct mail solicitations. If you are interested in giving annually, please complete the MYS donor card.
By joining our MYS Monthly Giving Program, you become part of the MYS family. By making a monthly preauthorized gift in the amount of your choice, your donation will have a significant impact on the care that MYS provides to children, youth, adults and families and will go to work immediately.
Why join the Monthly Giving Program?
Your contribution has a growing impact every month and goes to work right away.
- Through personal tours, newsletters, the annual general meeting and our annual report you will see how your gift has made a positive difference in the lives of the individuals we serve.
- It’s an easy and convenient way for you to donate to a charity near to your heart and give back to your community.
- At the end of the calendar year, we will send you one consolidated tax receipt.
To explore this option, change your monthly gift or cancel your contribution, contact us.
You can have a tremendous amount of fun while giving back to MYS by hosting a charitable event. No event is too big or small! From casual dress days and pancake breakfasts to golf tournaments and fundraising galas, MYS is grateful to have the support of the community. To explore this option, contact us.
Gifts in Kind
MYS is always pleased to receive gifts that benefit the individuals we serve. Examples of gifts that MYS has received in the past
- new and gently used clothing
- warm winter clothing and accessories such as gloves and toques
- new socks, underwear and pajamas
- new or gently used furniture and household items for youth transitioning to adulthood and preparing for independence
- swimming passes or tickets to arts and cultural events
- tickets to sporting events
If you have an idea, call us!
There are many ways to help MYS and the individuals and families we serve. Young people need to know they are loved and valued. By becoming a friend to MYS and getting involved, you can make a difference! To make a gift-in-kind, contact us.