Competition Number: 902.00.00
Casual Crisis Workers - Mobile Crisis Team - Youth Crisis Stabilization System
Ongoing, Winnipeg, MB
Macdonald Youth Services requires a Casual Crisis Workers on the Mobile Crisis Team to work collaboratively with all components of the Youth Crisis Stabilization System program by providing service to youth in crisis. As part of a front-line 24-hour crisis response team, these individuals assist in delivering crisis services to families or caregivers who require contact with the Mobile Crisis Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include: Rapid response to crisis calls; assessment of crisis situations; stabilization of crises; participation in the development of treatment recommendations with the client and caregivers; documentation for internal and agency requirements.
- An undergraduate degree in Human Services or Child/Youth Care certification from an accredited university or college or and extensive background in Youth Care or Crisis Work will be considered;
- Demonstrated adherence to ethical and professional standards of conduct;
- Current First Aid/CPR certification is mandatory;
- Non-violent crisis intervention (NVCI), Suicide Intervention training and Child Development or commitment of certification as per MYS policy.
- Experience dealing with crisis and children’s mental health issues would be considered an asset;
- Good written/verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Valid driver's license and clear driver's abstract;
- Knowledge of Aboriginal language and culture would be considered an asset.
$11.00 - $12.12 per hour
Please forward a covering letter, resume, quoting the competition number to:
MYS is an equal opportunity employer, Aboriginal Persons, Women; Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Macdonald Youth Services
175 Mayfair Avenue, Winnipeg, MB
MYS is committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce. The successful candidate(s) will be required to undergo Criminal Reference, and Abuse Registry checks prior to starting employment. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To find out more about our programs and Macdonald Youth Services in general, click here