Macdonald Youth Services presents an award annually to a member of the community who best demonstrates the values and virtues of Sir Hugh John Macdonald. In particular, the individual demonstrates the following:
- The values of respect and fairness towards youth: and,
- Practical assistance for youth (e.g., shelter, training, employment) to help youth develop life skills for better tomorrows.
The award will consist of a plaque and $500.00.
- Recipients may reside anywhere in the world.
- Recipients must agree to be present at the MYS Annual General Meeting (or similar public gathering) to accept the award.
- Recipients may not be a current MYS staff member, foster parent or volunteer.
- An annual Call for Nominations will be made in August by the Executive Director. Deadline September 15.
- Current Board Members, staff members, volunteers and clients of MYS may nominate a recipient with supporting documentation to demonstrate that the individual meets the qualifications for the award.
- The nominations will be reviewed by the committee of five including: Executive Director, President of the Board, one staff person, one Board Member and one former Board or staff member.
- The award only will be presented in years in which a suitable individual is nominated.
- Decisions of the adjudication committee will be final.
- The award will be presented by a representative of the Board of Directors to the recipient at the Annual General Meeting, or similar public event.
- 2014 Andrew McLean
- 2013: Edward Kennedy
- 2012: Louis Trepel
- 2011: Tallman Family
- 2010: Emily Shane
- 2009: Bill Knight
- 2008: George Sigurdson
- 2005: Ulysses Desrochers